Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Tales from a Modder's Garage

Have what it takes to become a successful PC modder? If there is one person who has confidence in you, it is the master himself - Tech-Daddy, who's built multiple mods worthy of attention that you are probably already well-aware of!

Over the course of the past few years, PC modding has exploded into a hobby enjoyed by many, and for good reason. I've been building mods for a while now, and if I can say one thing, it's that it can be one of the most rewarding hobbies you can have. Read on as I tell you why I enjoy it so much, and what it takes to become a modder yourself.

You can read Craig's introduction article here, and discuss it here!

Welcome to the team T-D!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #2
Tech-Daddy
Tech Monkey

Thank you Rob!

I look forward to the future contributions and hope I give back even a small portion of the support this site has shown me!

More soon everyone!
-=TD
Old 10-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Tech-Daddy
Tech Monkey

As a note, to everyone interested, I would welcome ideas on what you might be interested in reading about!

I Have a ton of How To: types of articles that I can write out, but I am keenly interested in what you" are interested in reading about.

Use this thread to throw some ideas out about what you are looking for answers about, or building technologies/techniques.

This will be as much for you as it is for me, as if I do not know... you are going to push me into doing something new!
Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

I'll be the first to admit that I'll likely never be a PC modder, but I still love reading up on how things are done. It intrigues me and somewhat inspires me to b more creative in other areas. I do know that there are a lot of modders to frequent the site though, so surely someone has some killer ideas.

You have any ideas of your own T-D?

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
moon111
Partition Master

What I'd like to see: a how to make money at modding. I'm actually happy with older inexpensive hardware performance wise. But sometimes it feels like showing up with a Pro-Street `Cuda with a slant 6 under the hood. Give me a HEMI !!!
moon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
THUMPer
Coastermaker

I'm not sure where the green paint scheme goes into that mod...
THUMPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
Tech-Daddy
Tech Monkey

Keep em coming guys!
Ideas that I am currently planning:

Unique cases - spotting a fun foundation to build on
How best to plan a mod (aka: dont break the case or your wallet!)
Acrylic 101 : when "too thick" is a bad thing...
Acrylic 201 : heating, bending, and cutting... oh my!
Window placement and planning. Be careful on those cuts.
Paint options for the mod and your budget.
Case materials : Steel vs Aluminium
Fabrication of custom cable management solutions

I could keep going.

Tags
None