Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Zalman ZM-MFC2 Fan Controller

Good fan controllers can be an excellent addition to any PC, but it's hard for companies to differentiate their own controllers from the others. Zalman tackles that problem with their MFC2, which in addition to controlling your fans, can also tell you how many watts your computer is hogging.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
NicePants42
Partition Master

Default How many watts per channel?????

I recently had a poor experience with the Scythe Kama-Meter.

Some people on Newegg had similar problems.

The Kama-meter was quality in every way except the one that matters most.

Looking at the Zalman product specification page, I don't see watts/channel shown anywhere, which to me is a very bad sign.

If I'm going to spend up to $70 on something that is supposed to control my fans, it had better be able to do what a $15 Sunbeam Rheobus can.

I'm not saying that every user is going to have more than 4 fans in their case, (but hell, the TJ07 comes with 6, stock) but looking at the ($35) Kama-meter reviews on Newegg, I'm willing to bet that a large portion of the people who would consider buying the ZM-MFC2 will be very happy to know what the allowable wattage per channel is. IHMO, the wattage/channel is a rating-breaking factor.

EDIT: Closer checking on Zalman's site and product retail sites seems to indicate that no more than one fan per channel is allowed. :thumbsdown: I think I'll go start a rant thread now.

Last edited by NicePants42; 07-18-2007 at 11:57 AM.
NicePants42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
Violent Rumble
Guest Poster

Cool

[QUOTE= NicePants42 - EDIT: Closer checking on Zalman's site and product retail sites seems to indicate that no more than one fan per channel is allowed. :thumbsdown: I think I'll go start a rant thread now.[/QUOTE]

You can have two fans per channel. I have the ZM-MFC2 in my Zalman GT1000 case, on the front of the case is two fans, these are being controlled by one channel..
Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #4
Unregistered
Guest Poster

NicePants > You can draw up to 7w pr. channel. Thats not bad.

Btw. i think this fancontroller is nice, i think I'll buy one!

Tags
None