Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Everglide s-500 Headset

In gaming what you hear can be as crucial as what you see. Indeed what you hear can make the difference between victory and defeat. Today we take a look at a gaming headset that promises to give you the upper hand by isolating you from your real environment while immersing you in your virtual world.

You can read our 250th article (Thanks Matt!) right here, and discuss it here!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
leecho7
Partition Master

Hey Rob, just out of curiosity, have you reviewed anything from Sennheiser? Currently I have 2 different headphones from Sennheiser and they're great. I would definately recommend the HD 457 headset. It's an open headset but it gives the impression it's fully closed. It's light, comfy, and the sound quality on it is amazing.
The way we saluting flags, wrapping them around our heads when ni**az ain't become American till 9/11 //Feeling like you gotta sneak into heaven//When the reverend looking like a pimp and the pimp look like the reverend...
People let me paint a picture You know I ain't a christian I ain't a muslim, ain't a jew I'm losing my religion I speak to god directly...
~Around my Way - Talib Kweli

You go to church to find you some religion//And all you hear is connivin' and gossip and contradiction and//You try to vote and participate in the government//And the muh'f***in' Democrats is actin' like Republicans
~The Beautiful Struggle - Talib Kweli
leecho7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #3
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

They were supposed to send Greg two headsets, but they just... vanished. Working on it though

I also had another from Turtle Beach en route... I don't know what it is with headsets that are so hard to acquire, hehe.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default help

ok i just bought these headphones they are pretty great, but the thing is i hear an echo can anyone help me with this?
Old 10-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
Rory Buszka
Super Moderator

Hi.

Do you have any 'virtual surround', 'environmental', or 'EAX' DSP settings enabled in your sound card's control panel? This could account for the echo. If your last headphones/speakers were a total pile, it's conceivable that you might have left the DSP settings on by mistake and simply not heard much of a difference.

Rory Buszka
Rory Buszka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None