Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > General > For Sale & Trade > Tech Deals

Tech Deals Find a great tech deal that others should know about? Post it here!

Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 AM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Toshiba Extends HD-DVD "Five Free Movies" Offer To Canada

From our front-page news:
Being a Canadian, I can't remember the amount of times I've read, "Offer only valid in the US". How hard can it be to extend an offer to the Country that sits atop the US? Well as Toshiba is finding out, not that hard. Their "Five Free HD-DVD Movies" offer with the purchase of an HD-DVD player was solely offered to US citizens, but has now been made available to Canucks. Of course, now that an offer finally applies to Canada, I find out that there is not a single movie title from the provided fifteen that piques my interest. It figures!

As with other free movie offers, the 15 movies are split into five different categories, forcing the consumer to choose one movie out of three from each category. Furthermore, the Canadian version of the deal requires the consumer to enclose a $10 check or money order to cover shipping and handling of the free movies.

Source: DailyTech

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote